After getting the Java code to compile, I started trying to use some of the 48,000 lines of code that I'd ported for something other than serialization in and back out. This started showing up the places where I'd stopped the port and stubbed things out and where there are differences between the Java and C++ basic architecture that I'd planned when I started this many months ago.
I can now locate members of the Account and Time dimensions. I can't actually retrieve data yet, because that runs into a stub in the Account class, but I think I will refactor and delegate that problem to the data storage class that the Accounts contain.
And then all of this will start doing something hypothetically useful. :)