Bill Roper (billroper) wrote,
Bill Roper
billroper

Go, Speed Racer!

There are still some bugs to work out with my Open XML implementation, to be sure. However, it was taking about 80 to 90 seconds to open the entity with the 10,000 line report in the old code base. It's now taking 43 seconds. Of that 43 seconds, about 15 seconds is retrieving the big chunk of XML that describes the data values that need to be updated on the 10,000 line report. The actual update with Open XML takes 4 seconds.

This is looking promising if we can shake the bugs out. :)
Tags: microsoft, musings, tech, work
Subscribe

  • Throw the Squid!

    Yesterday, there was some time after dinner and before sunset, so the temperature being pleasant for a change, Gretchen and I wandered out to the…

  • I'm Going Back To Work, I'm Going Back To Work

    I spent more time today working over designs than coding, but that's ok. Getting the design right makes the coding easier. And more likely to work...

  • Swept

    The weather was relatively cool today, so Gretchen and I went out and spent some time trying to get the garage into a state where it could be cleaned…

  • Post a new comment

    Error

    Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded 

  • 0 comments