So how's it going, you ask?
Well, yesterday, I pulled off a minor programming feat at work, learning enough about the JsonWriter and the particular JSON format that the fellow writing the downstream web grid was using that I actually got the data out of my app and into the web grid for display. Given that I had never worked with JSON before (or actually seen this format before late on Wednesday), I count that as a pretty good thing.
Then there's the rest of the news.
The guy was supposed to show up to fix the water heater yesterday. He didn't. He will show up some time this afternoon, which is making a botch of our plans for loading and unloading the van for Windycon. Oh, and I get to drain the water heater myself so that he can get to work on it faster.
Then there is the ISFiC Press book that we were supposed to release at Windycon. It has not arrived from the printer. The person that I was dealing with there stopped replying to email and phone messages after telling me that they might be able to ship us a limited number of books on Friday so we could have them on Saturday. I got hold of someone else there late yesterday and got an email back from the second person saying that they could ship on Saturday; when was our event over.
"Sunday, 2 PM", I replied.
"Then that won't help."
Maya has been very understanding about this, thankfully. I am ready to chew nails and spit tacks.
So anyway, I'm finishing things up before heading off to the con, which includes ripping all of the new CDs to the Dodeka iPod so folks can sample them before making a purchase. All of the CDs except two had their track listings up on Gracenote, which was good.
But the first one that didn't was Barry's new album, The Summers Behind You. And I started ripping the album before entering the album info, which caused iTunes to become very confused. So I submitted the track names to Gracenote, deleted the rip, and ripped it again. And when I finished, I synced everything with the iPod to copy the tracks over. So let's check and see if it's there.
Yup. The Summers Before Us.
I apparently need more sleep.
So I reinserted the album in the CD drive, updated the CD info with the correct album title, submitted it to Gracenote again, and ripped the album again. Then I deleted the incorrectly named copy and synced everything up again.
There is a valuable lesson in this: if you don't want some half-asleep dummy to submit your album name to Gracenote incorrectly, you should remember to rip the album yourself and do it. :)
I think I'll go drain the water heater now...