I need to be reading and writing XML in both C++ and Java as I serialize and persist data objects. So I wrote an XMLArchive class on both sides of the divide that behaves pretty similarly in both environments within the limits of what the languages will allow.
I've been adding functionality to both sides of the great divide to try to fix up some of the test code that one of the other programmers wrote with an early version of the XMLArchive class. Today, I wrote a big batch of templated functions in C++ to match up with the generic methods in Java. I think this is going to work.
I'll find out shortly when I get a chance to test it. :)