The new back for my phone arrived today, I having ordered one to replace the back that had lost two of the locking tabs right next to each other at the top. I popped it on and then went to test a few things. Unfortunately, the camera wasn't working. So I took the back off and started disassembling the phone. It turned out that when I had popped the motherboard out, I had inadvertently left the connector for the camera underneath the board and disconnected. So I fixed that.
Unfortunately, the GPS still isn't working since I pulled the phone apart to fix the power switch, which is making Ingress (and anything else that needs GPS) increasingly problematic. I'm working on some ideas here, but so far, no luck.
On the other hand, the new arms for my desk chair arrived today. These, from a different source, are not the same as the original arms, but they do fit on the chair perfectly.
So it's progress.