Work was similarly entertaining, as there is something wrong in the branch where I've been working. We can tell, because the calculations are taking much too long. I have managed to shave off 5%, 6.5%, and 13.5% with a series of successive modifications, but that's not enough. There is something in the changes that is still slowing things down, but I have yet to figure out what.
(I've also found something unrelated that I can fix to shave off some more time, but I'd like to find all of the guilty parties for the slowdown before introducing new optimizations.)
This will be a project for next week.
I am so done.