So I ordered it. The unit arrived today, much to my surprise, so I remade the afternoon plans to get it hooked up. There was a bit of a false start, but things seem to be working now, which is good.
I also updated my Cubase to the latest version, having somehow missed doing that earlier.
Now I just have to get the Apollo interface addressed and off to the shop. But I can do things in the studio in the meantime, which means that I could consider taking a week off from work.
In other news, we (mostly Gretchen) have made progress on the Halloween decorations. We'll see if we can finish most of it up tomorrow.