April 17th, 2008

More Rewiring

Yesterday, I ran by Gand to pick up the two-space portable rackmount unit. Later that evening, I put the two mic-pres that I might use into it, put it on the rolling stand that used to hold a TV, dropped the big ADAT remote on top of it, and rolled the whole assemblage into the recording booth.

Now all I have to do is run a long Cat5 cable (which I'll probably have to crimp myself) from the remote to the ADATs, connect the AES/EBU cables that I already ran between the rooms to the mic pre, and I'll be able to record scratch tracks from the recording booth without having to have daisy_knotwise present in the other room.

This just might work. :)