April 3rd, 2018

Time, Time, Time, See What's Become of Me

It's back to the optimization grindstone for me after discovering yesterday that one of the optimizations that I put in that seemed to work really well was broken -- which was why it worked so well! I'm having a lot of difficulty improving the rendering performance by optimizing my code further. Of course, I've managed to improve that bit by fixing up not just my code, but some of the rendering code on our side of the fence to the tune of about a 37% improvement. This isn't good enough, but I'm starting to suspect that a good bit of the rendering delay is due to some change on the other side of the fence here. We'll see.

Meanwhile, today's early optimizations have improved the calculation speed by about 11%.

I can do better than that. I still know where the bodies are buried...