December 16th, 2018

A Bit of Recording

Barisha and Carol (and Richard) came down today to do a bit of vocal recording on their album.

My Windows machine had other ideas. I had tested Cubase to make sure that it was working, but it turns out that testing to see that it will *play* audio does not actually mean that it will *record* audio. I had to navigate through installing several minor Windows updates and *then* installing the Universal Audio drivers over again (with some complaints from my antivirus software) before I finally got audio to come down the Firewire pipe from the interface into the computer. All of this took a *very* long time, especially because Cubase has to verify all of the newly installed plugins (as in, *all* of the UA plugins in the package whether I own them or not).

But eventually everything was working and we were able to record vocal tracks for three songs.

And I have a new thing to remember to check before recording sessions...