While I was in there, I pulled off the front panel -- more of a challenge than it should have been -- and reseated the USB 1.1 connector that had popped loose. This required removing all the drives and recabling them when done. And I reconnected the multiformat flash card reader in the front of the box to the new USB card.
When I finally rebooted, the RAID array reported that one of the drives wasn't coming up. After two more recabling attempts, I got power to the drive and all now appears to be well. We'll see how the flash reader works when Gretchen gets back with the camera. I gave it to her this morning, because I wanted to take some pictures while we were out for lunch, but I forgot to get it back before she went out shopping.