Just to quickly answer a few questions that have popped up:
1) We don't know what the baby's sex is. We may find out if it comes up during an ultrasound, the next one of which is scheduled for early July, but we're not actively trying to find it out.
2) Yes, this is what the cryptic messages about unspecified events in early March were about.
3) In fact, the implantation occurred while we were in the airplane flying to Consonance. This would explain why I kept running off to the Internet Lounge, trying to find out how things had gone.
4) Oh, boy, are we aware that this is going to change things!
5) Despite his occasional faults, my father was never guilty of not having time for us kids. This is a trait that I hope to emulate. Not so much the Food Nazi stuff...