Bill Roper (billroper) wrote,
Bill Roper

Gifts That Keep On Giving

At some point several years ago, I changed a bit of code in the import/export logic of our software and apparently got interrupted, because I never fixed up the error returns to reflect the changes that I had made. As we added more import/export functionality, my code was slavishly copied to make new routines, all of which now have the same bug.

Or, at least, they had the same bug, until one of my co-workers noticed it and I went through and fixed it in three different import/export routines across four releases of the software.


The code, by the way, works just fine on the Client side (which is where I tested), but not so well on the Server side of the product.
Tags: musings, work

  • Time for Rebuilding

    Well, there's nothing like research. Having determined that DDR5 is going to carry a substantial price premium over DDR4 memory for at least a year…

  • Driven Wild

    The studio computer continues to misbehave in various ways. When I fired up Cubase today, I got a lot of nasty, blocky video, despite having cleaned…

  • Some Old Doggerel

    I recall having mangled a CSN tune many years ago on the way to Contraption. Like that convention, the particular co-worker whose code I was digging…

  • Post a new comment


    Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded