Once I finally get the software built, I discover that someone has changed something so that the software is complaining about the version of an OCX that I'm pretty sure that I've already rebuilt, but that's ok, because the software is just going to refuse to run.
And my boss doesn't answer the phone or IM.
I've sent an e-mail off to the group to see if someone wants to fess up to this and tell me what's required to get this running again. *sigh*
It wouldn't be nearly so aggravating if they'd sent out an e-mail advertising this fairly toxic bunch of changes in the first place. I don't expect them to have noticed the missing brace from the merge, but a "You'll need to rebuild everything and reinstall or rebuild these OCXs" would have been nice.
In the meantime, we are now in what I would call a low productivity state.