So today, our programming group went on an outing to LaserQuest. After running around there, I came home, carried two of the three sets of shelves to the basement (daisy_knotwise brought the third set down in pieces), and we assembled two sets of shelves to replace the ones that had been catted.
The problem is that these 72 inch high shelves come with four shelves. We want five shelves. So we now have two spare shelves.
We looked around the basement to see if there were other shelves that wanted to be replaced. It turns out that the shelves holding up the CDs and cassettes are ripe for replacement. We'll need three shelves to replace them with five shelves each.
Of course, we only have two spare shelves. And the closest Menard's was out of the chrome-finish shelves, as we'd cleaned them out. So we headed to the Menard's in Niles, where we found four sets of chrome shelves, which was enough to build the three sets that we had planned, but now we've got three shelves left over.
This is somehow not working out the way I'd planned.
In the meantime, every muscle from my waist down aches.
But some of the stuff that we offloaded from the old shelves is now on the new shelves. So it's progress...