When I got done with that, I discovered that the fiber optic cables that ran from the ADAT patchbay to the d8b were under a lot of strain. Since I'd moved the patchbay up about eight rack spaces, that wasn't a great surprise. In fact, the cables were tangled in a mass of other cables and ran down near the floor. I could take a lot of strain off of them if I could just get them untangled and run them through at the height of the patchbay.
That turned out to be easier said than done. The d8b console fills almost the entire room and I was going to have to get behind it to untangle the cables. I managed to pull it out about eighteen inches from the wall, but I still needed to get back there. I eventually managed to slide through a very small space between the console and the far wall, which would have been much easier if I hadn't also had to slide past the big piece of foam diffuser glued to the wall. I'm not quite sure how I made it through.
I managed to get four of the six cables loose, but two of them were badly stuck. I eventually had to call daisy_knotwise down to unstick the cables from the outside so I could pull them through. While I was back there, I also pulled loose some headphone cables that I want to replace and some SPDIF cables that need to be rerouted to take the strain off them so that they stay in the patchbay.
Everything's still in complete disarray, as there's just too much to finish tonight.