Bill Roper (billroper) wrote,
Bill Roper
billroper

That's Better

Today, I coded the front end of the interface that I've been wanting for the project that I'm doing at work. By trashing the managed code that rearranged the XML query from the original format to the format that the old interface required, then doing the parsing of the smaller XML query in unmanaged code -- which greatly reduced the amount of actual parsing required -- I cut the amount of time that the query took by 94 percent. That is, it was taking more than 20 minutes, but now it takes about a minute and fifteen seconds.

I still need to see if there's anything to do to reduce the amount of work on the return side of the query, but I'd say this qualifies as so far, so good. :)
Tags: musings, work
Subscribe

  • Time for Rebuilding

    Well, there's nothing like research. Having determined that DDR5 is going to carry a substantial price premium over DDR4 memory for at least a year…

  • Driven Wild

    The studio computer continues to misbehave in various ways. When I fired up Cubase today, I got a lot of nasty, blocky video, despite having cleaned…

  • Some Old Doggerel

    I recall having mangled a CSN tune many years ago on the way to Contraption. Like that convention, the particular co-worker whose code I was digging…

  • Post a new comment

    Error

    Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded 

  • 0 comments