I was up until 4:45 AM dealing with a tricky problem with serialization. At this point, I think that I've finally finished fixing up the template serialization macros that Microsoft pulled out of Visual C++ and MFC as of Visual Studio 2008. Of course, they'd never worked right, which I suspect had something to do with them being yanked. I think they're working correctly now. Only testing will tell.
A few minutes ago, I finally fixed the last of the compile errors and got this monstrous Frankenstein to link. It even runs.
It just doesn't work.
But, you know, to some extent that's the easy part. :)