Bill Roper (billroper) wrote,
Bill Roper
billroper

Serialization Fixed Up

I finally solved yesterday's serialization problem. The trick was that I'm doing several things that are really oddball in order to cause the old serialized templates to create new different serialized templates as they are serialized back in. And the schema numbers weren't quite compatible between some of the different derived types that I used to have and am now busily eliminating.

But since I can figure out what the type of data was that was being serialized in the template and whether I was serializing a scalar or an array value by testing a static function I popped into the wrapper class that the templates are serializing, I can pick and choose my schema ranges depending on what the original class was that I was serializing.

So now it works.

Phew.
Tags: microsoft, musings, tech, work
Subscribe

  • Paying It Off

    I checked tonight and I do indeed have two more months to pay my property tax without incurring late fees. So I guess I'll be paying that later. The…

  • Jean, Jean

    I am trying to buy a new pair of jeans. Normally, this would be simple. Go to Amazon and order a pair of Levi's 560s in my size. Except that Levi has…

  • Ice, Ice, Baby

    Much of today could have been sold for scrap, but there was some progress on the refrigerator front. After decanting the contents of the fridge and…

  • Post a new comment

    Error

    Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded 

  • 1 comment