Bill Roper (billroper) wrote,
Bill Roper
billroper

Bugs, Mr. Rico! Zillions Of 'Em!

I made a mistake when working through the locking code. I assumed that if a transaction was scheduled to take a lock, that it actually needed that lock. This turns out to be not quite as true as one would have hoped.

I'm now walking through a bunch of the transactions and looking for locks that were requested but which aren't actually required. This should improve performance substantially once I find them all.

*sigh*
Tags: musings, work
Subscribe

  • Time for Rebuilding

    Well, there's nothing like research. Having determined that DDR5 is going to carry a substantial price premium over DDR4 memory for at least a year…

  • Driven Wild

    The studio computer continues to misbehave in various ways. When I fired up Cubase today, I got a lot of nasty, blocky video, despite having cleaned…

  • Some Old Doggerel

    I recall having mangled a CSN tune many years ago on the way to Contraption. Like that convention, the particular co-worker whose code I was digging…

  • Post a new comment

    Error

    Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded 

  • 2 comments