Bill Roper (billroper) wrote,
Bill Roper
billroper

Unlocking the Mystery

The automated testing uncovered a number of glitches in the locking fixes which I've been busily patching. While I was in the process of trying to convince a particular set of transactions that, no, they did not need to grab a write lock on the cube object and hold it for several minutes, thereby preventing a bunch of other processes from running successfully, I discovered that the code that does check out locks for our documents was never properly locked.

Oh. Well, that would explain that class of error that I saw.

I'm now in a detour as I move the check out lock interfaces into a class where we can lock them granularly by entity and where you'll have to take a write lock on the entity to be able to get at them. I see the main road in the distance...
Tags: musings, work
Subscribe

  • Design on the Fly

    The great thing about us and getting this kitchen done is that we are able to design on the fly. Our contractor came by, looked quickly at the…

  • Time to Rearrange

    I expect to hear back from the contractor on Monday and we'll discuss exactly how to fix things up in the kitchen. I don't think any of this will be…

  • Closer To Fine

    So the cabinets went in today, which is good. There are, sadly, two problems. First, there is a measurement glitch which resulted in the cabinets…

  • Post a new comment

    Error

    Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded 

  • 0 comments